The balance of good health for diabetes should based on these ‘Nine Guidelines for a Healthy Diet’, which are
- Enjoy you food.
- Eat a variety of different foods.
- Eat right amount to be a healthy weight.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in complex carbohydrate and fibre.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Take small frequent meals.
- Don’t eat too many foods that contain lot of fat.
- Don’t have sugary foods like jams, jellies and jaggery too often.
- If you drink alcohol, drink within sensible limits.
For more information on diabetes diet and care